Monday, October 24, 2011

it's finished!

I finally finished stitching the binding on this quilt and it is now adding a touch of cute to my girls' bed!

quilt

I am so happy with how this turned out...all that time put into making this big a quilt was worth it in the end...or so I think anyway.
I really enjoyed piecing the top of this quilt but quilting and binding it - not so much.
If I ever make a quilt this size again I think I may send it off to be quilted.

quilt

quilt

I used the Small Plates pattern in Elizabeth Hartman's book (love this book!) but made it a little bit bigger.

quilt

quilt

For the front I used Hoo's in the Forest by Doohickey Designs with a few other fabrics thrown in and Kona Snow.  The backing is Kona Ash and the binding is Kona Blue.

quilt

Happy Monday!
It is for me because now I can focus on other sewing without finishing this quilt hanging over me!

6 comments:

  1. Jen...this turned out absolutely darling! you talented little wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one gorgeous quilt...came over from Flickr to see more piccies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely!! Good job! I, too, don't care for the quilting and binding part, partly because my machine doesn't do well with all those layers. It's more expense to get it professionally done but so far I am very, very happy with that part of the process. The big bummer for me though is now I can't display my quilts at the fair because their rules changed regarding those processes. It sort of kicked out home quilters like me who don't have those big fancy machines. Ah well.

    Lovely site, too :)

    ReplyDelete