Thursday, October 13, 2011

mini quilt

After seeing this post (such a pretty blog and full of inspiration), I was inspired to pick up a needle and give this pattern a try.

mini quilt

I had done some embroidery, but mainly just a running stitch and some back stitching.  Here I got to do lazy daisy stitches and also French knots.  Once finished, I decided to put my shop name in the middle, some patchwork around the edges, and created a mini quilt.

mini quilt

I changed the look a little ( I may have just gotten lazy), and just did one French knot for each flower instead of six.  But I do like what just one looks like - kind of like a rose I think.

mini quilt

I found doing this embroidery fun and relaxing.  Can't wait to do some more!

mini quilt

mini quilt

mini quilt

I used this mini quilt at the craft show to display my shop name.

2 comments:

  1. Jen, it's beautiful!!! so pretty, I love the colors you chose and the way you finished it. Maybe I'll try another one... it was fun to stitch, wasn't it? xo amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for Embroidery inspiration with quilting and this is simply fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration... ooxx`jodi

    ReplyDelete