Friday, June 8, 2012

seersucker jumper

I made my oldest daughter a jumper...also think it will be cute as a shirt with some white leggings.
It was my first time sewing with seersucker and I don't think it will be my last.

seersucker dress

I used Sandi Henderson's Gracie pattern.  I made the jumper option - with a few changes.
I didn't line it to make it reversible.  I did the neck line a bit different.  Since I didn't make it reversible, I finished the edges under the arms, along the bottom and up the back with double-fold bias tape.

seersucker dress

I used some blue and yellow buttons on the back to add a bit more color.

seersucker dress

seersucker dress

She seems to like it although she did tell me that she wished it was pink. 

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous dress! I love the fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it on her, even tho it isn't pink! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seersucker, and I love the pattern you chose. The button detail is also super cute. Happy little girl!

    ReplyDelete