Wednesday, July 25, 2012

puppet show tunic and shorts

One more summer outfit is complete.
I made the Oliver + S Puppet Show tunic and shorts using some fun Japanese fabric.
I seem to be on a roll here...everything Oliver + S and Japanese.

Oliver + S puppet show tunic & shorts

When I first finished this shirt, it looked like an art smock to me with the busy fabric choice
 but it has grown on me and now I love it!

Oliver + S puppet show tunic

This was my first time using an Oliver + S clothing pattern.
Most of the clothes I have made are PDF patterns/tutorials with lots of pictures, and I found myself rereading the tunic pattern many times to figure out what to do but I made it through and definitely like the end result.

I love all the little details.

Oliver + S puppet show tunic

Oliver + S puppet show tunic

The shorts pattern was easy to follow and a quick sew - or at least it seemed quick after making the top.
I just love this shorts pattern.  Again the details are so cute!  Just look at those little pockets!

Oliver + S puppet show shorts

Oliver + S puppet show shorts

So in the end...do I like it...will I use Oliver + S patterns in the future?  Definitely yes!
I already have the pattern and fabric chosen for another little outfit.
We'll just have to see when I have time to tackle it.

Oliver + S puppet show tunic and shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment