Tuesday, September 11, 2012

PDF pattern storage

Wow, that was quite the blog break!
We enjoyed some time in SK visiting family and now we are back home
trying to get back into the swing of things...which seems to be taking longer than it should. :)
Anyway, here's a blog post that I had prepared to post before we left but never got around to posting it.

 ************
I have quite a few PDF patterns and also some tutorials found online that I have printed.
I always save a copy of the PDF pattern on my computer but I also print them because I like to have a paper copy in front of me while making it.
I organized my patterns this summer and thought I'd share with you what I did.

I put patterns with many pages in report covers.
If the pattern has small pattern pieces, I put these at the back in a plastic sleeve.

PDF pattern storage

I then put these patterns in a couple magazine files I found at Goodwill.
I also sorted the patterns by color:  dark blue - clothing, green - toys, red - shoes...

PDF pattern storage

The patterns that don't have many pages or short tutorials that I found online and printed were put in plastic sleeves in a binder.

PDF pattern storage

PDF pattern storage

And here are the patterns tucked in the closet by the scraps!
It feels good to have these organized.

PDF pattern storage

2 comments:

  1. i have been using a binder and plastic sleeves to organize all my patterns for a while. I really like the idea of the report covers though.

    http://thepunkinlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just did this - great way to corral the bits of paper floating around. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete