Monday, December 17, 2012

not gingerbread houses

For the past couple of years, I have bought a gingerbread house kit.
While it's fun to make with the girls, it doesn't taste the best and I find the candy rather boring.
This year I decided to try something different - Rice Krispie houses!

rice krispie house

I followed this recipe (basic rice krispie bars but brought to a boil to make it harder, which equals stronger walls).  I used this royal icing recipe and it worked great!

rice krispie house

The girls and I had fun decorating these houses!
We can't wait to do it again next year!

rice krispie house

rice krispie house

I hope you'll stop by later in the week to see what I've been sewing lately.

5 comments:

  1. They look cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!!! I've been looking for a Gluten Free option - I think I just found one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this idea! I wonder if I'll have time to try it with my kids...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete