Friday, January 11, 2013

a new year

Wow!  It's been awhile since I stopped by here.
Happy New Year!  I hope your year is off to a great start!

We enjoyed the first week of the new year spending time with family and friends in Saskatchewan.
  Now we are home and back to reality.

 I have not been busy sewing...instead I've been busy trying to get some order to all my loose recipes.  Quite the job!  I also tried my hand at making soap, which I found to be quite fun!  While I haven't been sewing at all this year, I do have a couple things to show...Christmas gifts I made.

oven mitts

patchwork oven mitts

Oven mitt tutorial can be found on my Pinterest board.

My youngest daughter got a doll for Christmas.
Of course, I had to make a couple things to go with the doll.
Or I guess I should say that Santa's elves made them!  

doll diaper bag blanket

doll blanket

Biggest sister modeling the diaper bag.

diaper bag

And while we were visiting in SK, Mom made me some cozy new slippers.
Thanks Mom!  I love them!

crochet slippers

linking to Quilt Story

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you didn't put a picture of the beautiful lap quilt you made me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to take pictures of it! :(

      Delete
  2. I don't think I'd be able to use those oven mitts, they are way too pretty! :) I'd have to hang them up in my kitchen for all to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun finishes! I really should make myself a new pair of oven mitts, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete