Wednesday, January 30, 2013

fabric-covered toilet paper rolls

I'm always looking for ways to use up my small scraps of fabric.
My daughter had been saving toilet paper rolls to use for a craft project some day.
I thought, why not put the two together and see what we can come up with?

So we got busy one day.
We cut the toilet paper rolls in half.
Then applied some Mod Podge onto the roll, placed some small fabric scraps to cover the roll and then applied another layer of Mod Podge on the top.

fabric covered toilet paper rolls (1) (Small)

We set them aside to dry.

fabric covered toilet paper rolls

The next day I poked some holes in the top and threaded some baker's twine through
 creating a bunting of sorts.

bunting - fabric, toilet paper rolls

fabric covered toilet paper rolls

It now adds a little pop of color to our fireplace!

fabric covered toilet paper rolls bunting

5 comments:

  1. Super cute idea! My girls would enjoy a project like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! It looks awesome hanging from your mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project to share with the little ones! Fantastic idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I have a ton of scraps and some little girls who would love any excuse to paw through it all to make crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning! I wanted to let you know that I featured this fun craft today in my "What I Bookmarked This Week" post - stop by and see!

    ReplyDelete