Monday, January 28, 2013

sewing machine withdrawal

I have been without my sewing machine for close to two weeks now.
It is getting a much-needed tune-up but I am getting the itch to be sewing again!
Needless to say, I don't have anything new to show you although I did come across a picture of this pincushion I made for my cousin.  I again used this great sprocket pincushion tutorial by Cluck Cluck Sew.  It is such an easy project to whip up and I love that I uses up some of my little scraps!

sprocket pin cusion

Since I haven't been able to sew, I have been sorting through my fabric scraps and cutting pieces for a couple quilts that I have plans to make.  I guess we'll see when that happens because I have so many projects I would like to do.

cutting scraps

cutting scraps

And this wonderful fabric bundle has been calling my name as well!
So much to do but no sewing machine to do any of it. 

bella fabric bundle

linking to Quilt Story

3 comments:

  1. I was without a machine for awhile a few months ago so I know how you are feeling! Great photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pin cushion would make a very cute couch cushion...in bigger size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a cute pin cushion!! I would hate to be without my machine, that would be like being without my fridge, lol

    ReplyDelete