Monday, April 1, 2013

quick finishes - grocery bags + cosmetic bag

I've been working on a couple quilts here and there but don't really have much to show right now.
I did finish up a few small projects though.  It's nice to have some quick finishes once in a while.
I decided to make myself a few more grocery bags using this pattern.  I have four (shared them here) and use them all the time but sometimes it just isn't enough...plus it's always fun to have a new bag!

grocery bags using Michelle patterns pattern

grocery bags

handles of grocery bags

I also made another open wide zipper pouch - a new cosmetic bag for myself! This one is the medium size. I didn't have the zipper size the tutorial calls for but went ahead and made it with a smaller zipper. It worked fine but just doesn't open as wide as it would with a longer zipper.

cosmetic bag - noodlehead open wide zipper pouch tutorial

open wide zipper pouch

cosmetic bag

zipper pouch

I hope you all had a great Easter weekend!  Happy Monday!

linking to Quilt Story 

4 comments:

  1. Very cute bags! They will be more fun than plastic to shop with! I love having lots of little zipper bags, though most of them are used for toys and stuff. But I always need more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to make something for yourself. I hardly ever do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to make myself a few more grocery bags using this pattern. I have four (shared them here) and use them all the time but sometimes it just isn't enough...plus it's always fun to have a new bag! click for more info

    ReplyDelete