Tuesday, June 18, 2013

camo lunch bag

For Father's Day, I made my husband a lunch bag using Pink Penguin's tutorial (but made it a little bigger).  After seeing the bag I made for our daughter last year, he mentioned that I should make one for him to use as a lunch bag.  I didn't really take him seriously but he mentioned it again a few days before Father's Day so I decided to get busy.

lunch bag pink penguin tutorial

I find it hard to choose fabric for a guy project.  While walking around in Joann's, I came across this camo shirting fabric and decided to go with it.  I paired it with some stone-colored quilter's linen I had on hand.  The lining inside is a green quilter's cotton.  I also lined it with Insul-Bright to help keep his lunch cool.

lunch bag for dad

He was quite pleased with his new lunch bag and has proudly carried it to work the past couple days!  :)

camo lunch bag

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love it when husbands want us to make them things! His lunch bag looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I was wondering if it would be insulated!

    ReplyDelete