Monday, June 3, 2013

fair and square dresses

My sister is getting married this summer, which means I had a great excuse to buy another dress pattern to make three dresses!  I used Tie Dye Diva's Fair & Square dress pattern.  I love this pattern and am sure I'll get much use out of it.

dresses - tie dye diva

dress

back of dresses

The little flower detail just adds to the cuteness!  I didn't sew these to the dress like the pattern says but rather pinned them on using safety pins, that way they can be removed if needed.

fair & square flower

With my new sewing machine (more on that later), I created little size tags.  I have never before put sizes on the clothes I have made but have sometimes wished I had.  It can be hard to remember what size something is when passing clothes down from girl to girl. 

size on the dress

All three dresses...waiting for that day in August when little girls will wear them!

fair & square dresses

Fabrics used - Quilter's Linen Grey and Lavender, Petal Pushers Stripes Grey, Riley Blake Willow Dot Grey, Riley Blake Chevron Small Tonal Lavender.

linking to Quilt Story  and Crazy Mom Quilts 

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Well done!!!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

    ReplyDelete