Thursday, June 13, 2013

flea market fancy quilt

I started this quilt near the end of last year.  I was making one for my Mom at the same time.
Mom's quilt got finished in time to give it to her for Christmas but this one got tucked in the closet for a few months.  It was pulled out at some point, spray basted, then rolled up and tucked behind the door until just recently (during our cool, cloudy, rainy stretch of weather) when it was pulled back out, quilted and bound.

Flea Market Fancy quilt

I used my new machine to quilt this one...what a dream!
I love all the features that making quilting so much easier (throat space, dual-feed device...).

Flea Market Fancy quilt

This quilt is backed with a flannel sheet and is oh so cozy!

Flea Market Fancy quilt

Flea Market Fancy quilt

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend! 

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed using your new machine on this project. It's great to have a finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric! I've looked at it several times and just haven't got around to ordering yet. It came together really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it ... I've had my stash of fmf for a while and just can't seem to cut into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this quilt!! Great colors, great design. Really awesome quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilt looks great, and wow, on the scrappy binding, that must have taken some time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! I love FMF :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sew glad this one came out to play! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh flannel backing would be nice and cozy;) You got this done quick! I remember see the top last week I think.

    ReplyDelete