Monday, June 24, 2013

Oliver + S ice cream dress

I have had this Japanese fabric sitting in my stash for a while now.
I finally decided to cut into it and make my youngest daughter an Oliver + S ice cream dress.
A good use of this border fabric I think.

Oliver + S ice cream dress

I ran into a couple issues while making this.  For one,  the button ended up on the wrong side (should be on the left I think).  I also had a bit of trouble with the bottom light blue strip and I ended up with a bit of extra fabric that had to be tucked a bit at the side seam.  Not a huge deal but next time I make it I'll have to try read the instructions a little closer and see if I did something wrong. 

Oliver + S ice cream dress

This will fit her for a long time as it is a little bit on her now and will look great as a tunic as well!
I love getting mileage out of the clothes I make!  :)

ice cream dress

6 comments:

  1. It came out perfect! I love it - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use for this print - I love border prints and this one is just too adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore this dress! That fabric is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete