Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WIP - using my new Janome MC8200

I started this Flea Market Fancy quilt before Christmas.  I am 
finally finishing it up and enjoying doing so using my new sewing machine!

quilting

I have been thinking and dreaming about a new machine for the past while.
I was thinking about getting the Janome MC6300 but then did more
research and discovered the Janome MC8200 and fell in love.  However, I 
decided that I couldn't spend that much money on a sewing machine and I would 
make do with my Brother and maybe look for a new machine with a lower price tag.

My husband had a different idea though.  A few days before Mother's Day, he
surprised me with a new machine...the Janome MC8200!  (He's just the best!) 
I've been sewing on it for a little over a month now and am really loving it. 
I first used it to make the dresses for my daughters and really appreciated that
it had a free arm.  Then, while working on the quilt shown above, I enjoyed
all the throat space. It is so nice!  No more wrestling matches like this one.

I'm still learning all the features of this machine and am looking forward to
piecing a quilt top on it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - that is awesome!!! What a great mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is going to look beautiful when finished, I love FMF. Hooray for hubby getting you an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new machine and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how fun!! what an awesome mother's day gift!!

    ReplyDelete