Friday, July 19, 2013

patchwork sewing machine cover

My new sewing machine didn't come with a cover of any kind so I decided to make it one.
I used the pattern from the book Fresh Quilting by Malka Dubrawsky.

sewing machine cover

This was a good little project to use up some of my fabric scraps that I had already cut into 2.5-inch squares.  Each finished block measures 3 inches x 3 inches.

sewing machine cover

I like the scrappy look of it.

sewing machine cover

I also used some larger pieces of scrap fabric for the back.

sewing machine cover

It feels good to use up some of my scraps!

linking to Crazy Mom Quilts

10 comments:

  1. What a great use of scraps. A lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of scraps - the cover is so fun and fresh! I'm sure your machine is loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely. I find it's fun having a pretty sewing machine cover -- and a great way to use some special fabrics.

    ReplyDelete