Friday, November 22, 2013

Christmas quilt

I have many Christmas gifts to make but for some reason
 I got it in my head that I should start a Christmas quilt.
Here is the fabric I pulled from my stash for it...
I wanted it to be a Christmas quilt without looking too Christmas-y.

fabric pull for Christmas quilt

So I now have a completed quilt top.
I used the Happy-Go-Lucky pattern in Camille Roskelley's first book except I left off the outer border.

Christmas quilt - Happy-Go-Lucky
Holding up the quilt is a big job for little arms!

Christmas quilt
Now we'll see if I can get it quilted and bound so we can enjoy it this year!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous quilt.....love the snowball effect with the squares. Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I have to go check out that book now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks smashing, like piles of baubles and parcels :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! I think the colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love your idea to use snowballs and squares together! Great colours, too - like wintery not only for the Christmas! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt! It is Christmas-y enough to be festive, but not too in your face Christmas. A fun quilt all winter long - not just for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colors and fabric choices! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute fabric choices! Come check out our blog:

    quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete