Tuesday, June 10, 2014

my favorite quilt

    I decided to join the fun over at Sew Mama Sew and add my favorite quilt.

    Although it is hard to choose a favorite, this one is special because I made it for my daughters.  I made this quilt back in 2011 using Hoo's in the Forest by Doohickey Designs with a few other coordinating fabrics added.  You can see more pictures on this post.  I used the pattern Small Plates in Elizabeth Hartman's book The Practical Guide to Patchwork.  This was the first bed-sized quilt I ever made.  (It is actually the only bed-sized quilt I have ever made although I am in the process of making one right now!)  Although I didn't do any fancy quilting, I did learn that I can quilt a large quilt on my small machine.  This quilt is on my daughters' bed and it feels good to tuck them in each night under something I made especially for them.

    quilt
    quilt


    ************** 
    lea & lars is now on Instagram - I'd love for you to join me over there!

    3 comments:

    1. I can see why that is your favorite! It is absolutely lovely! Great pattern, fun, and I love that pieced backing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. That's a really sweet quilt. I'm glad you linked up!

      ReplyDelete