Wednesday, February 25, 2015

the lucky girl dress

Life has been busy lately with cleaning, decluttering...  We're putting our house on the market in about a month so I haven't found much sewing time.  So, when Lucy Blaire contacted me asking if I'd like to try her new dress pattern, I jumped at the chance to have a quick-sew project and another opportunity to sew with knits.  Riley Blake also sent some wonderful knits for me to work with.  The Lucky Girl Dress is a very cute play dress with a lined hood and a full circle skirt, which is great for twirling!  My daughter loves it!  I found the pattern to be easy to read and follow and came together rather quickly.

the lucky girl dress by lucy blaire
knit dress - the lucky girl
lucky girl dress by lucy blaire

I then decided to make my youngest daughter one as well using some fabric I had on hand.  I didn't have enough to make the circle skirt so I just extended the bodice pattern piece and made an A-line dress.  It's a little big on her (especially the sleeves) but I'm hoping it will fit her nicely this fall.

luckey girl dress variation
lucky girl dress variation

If you want to see more wonderful Lucky Girl dresses, click on the links below to see what the other bloggers came up with:
5th: Melissa (Sew Like MyMom)
6th: Remona (The StitchingScientist)
12th: Amanda (Jedi CraftGirl)
13th: Becca Duval (BeccaDuval Photography)
19th: Ren Murphy (TheInspired Wren)
20th: Maryam (Hi and Hello)
26th: Julia Frazier (Riley Blake)
27th: Lucy Blaire

Lucy Blaire and Riley Blake are also having a giveaway!  To enter for your chance to win 3 yards of Riley Blake fabric (2 yards of Aztec black knit and 1 yard of Aqua solid knit) plus The Lucky Girl pattern, go to Lucy Blaire's website and join her mailing list.  The giveaway closes at midnight eastern time on Feb 26th.

Lucky Girl Dress | Sew Like My Mom

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I like how you turned it into an A-line dress! Love the snow in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are darling! And the little models are adorable!

    ReplyDelete